December 3 – 7, 2018
The major thread of this 2018 Social Sciences Winter School in Pondicherry will be to address societal challenges at the intersection between labour and development.
Each edition of the Winter School is based on a cross-cutting theme in the field of social sciences, taken as a guideline throughout the training workshop. For the 2019 Edition, the following theme has been chosen: “Heritage, Communities, and Sustainability”.
The major thread of this 2019 edition will be to address issues at the interface between Heritage, Communities, and Sustainability through the lens of social sciences, with different thematic focus, scales of interpretation, theoretical questioning and methodological frameworks, and in interaction with various stakeholders.
The Booklet with all details will be prepared in the following weeks.
Workshop 1 : Documenting Processes of Spatial Mobility: Qualitative and Ethnographic Approaches
- Dr Rémy Delage : Geographer (Centre for South Asian Studies, CNRS-EHESS, Paris / IFP, Pondicherry)
- Dr Aurélie Varrel : Geographer (IFP, Pondicherry / Centre for South Asian Studies, CNRS-EHESS, Paris)
- Dr Tristan Bruslé : Geographer (CSH, New Delhi / Centre for Himalayan Studies, CNRS, Paris)
- Prof. Mohammed Abdul Kalam : (Dept. of Sociology, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam)
- Dr Marie Percot : Anthropologist (Paris) Continue reading Workshop 1: Documenting Processes of Spatial Mobility: Qualitative and Ethnographic Approaches
Workshop 2: Using Survey Data to Understand Social and Geographical Mobility
- Dr Christophe Jalil Nordman – Economist (IRD, DIAL and IFP, Pondicherry)
- Prof. Aswhini Deshpande – Economist (Delhi School of Economics, New Delhi)
- Dr Véronique Gille – Economist (IRD, DIAL, France)
- Prof. Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay – Economist (Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi)
- Dr Jean-Noël Senne – Economist (Université Paris-Sud, France) Continue reading Workshop 2: Using Survey Data to Understand Social and Geographical Mobility
Workshop 3: Social Mobility in its Indian Complexity: Conceptual and Methodological Dynamics
- Dr. Thanuja Mummidi – Anthropologist (Pondicherry University)
- Prof. Partha N. Mukherjee – Sociologist
- Prof. D.N. Dhanagare – Sociologist
- Prof. Venkatesh Athreya – Economist
- Dr. Alexandra De Heering – Historian Continue reading Workshop 3: Social Mobility in its Indian Complexity: Conceptual and Methodological Dynamics