The Social Sciences Winter School in Pondicherry (SSWSP) is an Indo-French cooperation that has been designed as a programme of intensive and multidisciplinary training workshops addressing theoretical and methodological issues in social sciences research. This event provides each and everyone with the opportunity of sharing experiences and research ideas.
This training workshop has three main objectives:
- To create a highly efficient tool in research capacity-building;
- To consolidate a community of young scholars, senior scientists and experts;
- To ease the exchange of knowledge and skills between India and France in the domain of social sciences;
- To enhance the visibility of the Indo-French cooperation in India.
More tangible results and outcomes are expected:
- Development of a dedicated website in English (with digital resources);
- Validation through delivery of certificates upon completion of the training;
- Writing of a scientific, pedagogical and technical report;
- Publication of proceedings in paper (IFP Publications) and digital (Website) formats.
The SSWSP is open to Doctoral and Master Students of all fields in social sciences. Trainees are selected on the basis of their qualifications, while taking into account the value of the training with regards to their research or professional projects.
The teams of trainers are multidisciplinary and international, composed of young and senior researchers originating from several Indian universities and research centres of excellence, as well as from abroad. It is the result of long-lasting Indo-French collaborations between the French Institute in Pondicherry, Pondicherry University, the IRD (DIAL, PALOC), the CEIAS, and the MIDS (Chennai).