This ambitious project of Indo-French cooperation in social sciences has been designed with a view towards developing a multi-year programme of intensive and multidisciplinary training workshops addressing theoretical and methodological issues in social science research. This practical setup provides each and everyone with the opportunity of sharing experiences and research ideas.
This training workshop has three main objectives:
- To create a highly efficient tool in research capacity-building;
- To consolidate a community of young scholars, senior scientists and experts;
- To ease the exchange of knowledge and skills between India and France in the domain of social sciences;
- To enhance the visibility of the Indo-French cooperation in India.
More tangible results and outcomes are expected:
- Development of a dedicated website in French and English (with digital resources);
- Validation through delivery of certificates upon completion of the training;
- Writing of a scientific, pedagogical and technical report;
- Publication of proceedings in paper (IFP Publications) and digital (Website) formats.
The Winter School is open to Doctoral and Master Students of all fields in social sciences. Trainees will be selected on the basis of their qualifications, while taking into account the value of the training with regards to their research or professional projects.
The teams of trainers will be multidisciplinary and international, composed of young and senior researchers originating from several Indian universities and research centres of excellence, as well as from abroad. It is the result of a long-lasting Indo-French collaboration between Pondicherry University and the French Institute in Pondicherry, as well as with CNRS, IRD and EHESS in France.
DATES AND VENUE
The training will take place at Pondicherry University (School of Social Sciences and International Studies, Silver Jubilee Campus) and at the French Institute of Pondicherry (IFP), from November 28 to December 2, 2016.